Monday, April 5, 2010
Drug Testing and Welfare
If you are receiving money from the government for any reason outside of veterans benefits- you should be drug tested. The reasons I am talking about fall under the category of welfare. People should not be allowed to receive money earned by others if they are using any or all of that money to purchase drugs. It’s not fair. The money is supposed to be used for groceries, diapers, rent payments- not blunts and weed and crack. The money the government dispenses as welfare was earned by taxpaying citizens. The only people that should be allowed to spend their own money on drugs are people that earned it fair and square (I’m not promoting the use of drugs). I worked in Turkey Hill last semester. People would come into the store with three or four kids. The kids would ask for candy or chips. The parents would say no. They would then proceed to use their cash benefits to buy items such as blunts. Do you think these people just wanted to enjoy a good cigar? I most definitely don’t. I especially don’t believe that was the purpose when their pupils were dilated to the size of saucers. That is why I think welfare recipients should be drug tested. If you have the money to purchase drugs, then you certainly don’t need more of my money paid through taxes to purchase more drugs. Does anyone have any objections to that? I’d really like to hear them if you do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those that recieve govenment help should be drug tested. It is annoying that The message is wrong, if you are looking for employment you are drug tested and during employment there is a possibility of drug testing but if you would like to sleep in and stay up late and misuse govenment money, you can partake in any drug of your choosing because noone will hold you accountable.
ReplyDeleteIt is a hand up not a hand out! Or at lesst it should be.